When we introduce people to our program, “How can I help?” is usually the response! There are a multitude of ways that you can help Freedom House – with your time, talents or your treasures. Words cannot express how much we have been impacted by the generosity of our community.
The first step in becoming a Freedom House volunteer is to complete the Volunteer Application. Once your application has been reviewed, you will be invited to attend an Orientation which lasts about 30-45 minutes and consists of a tour of our facility and a detailed description of each volunteer role to determine which role may be the best fit for you. At the orientation, we’ll also look into a schedule – this could be a one-time volunteer commitment or an ongoing one. We are flexible!
Just a few examples of Individual Volunteer Opportunities are:
- Prep, Cook & Serve a meal
- Teen Mentor
- THRIVE Mentor: Join our team of coaches to assist in teaching our weekly classes – Financial Planning/Job Readiness & our Parenting Gathering
- Housekeeping & Donation Sorting
- Yard Work & Maintenance
- Holiday Opportunities
- serve meals
- host a family program (crafts, movie night, or other activities)
- have a service day (cleaning, donation sorting, yard work, etc.)
There is a different application process for groups, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator directly.
Creativity Welcome! Don’t see a job listed that interests you? Please contact our Volunteer Coordinator to share your ideas!
- If you have questions or would like to schedule service, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator.
- If you’ve completed the Volunteer Application above, the form will be sent to the Volunteer Coordinator who will be getting in touch with you soon!